Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community (HMBFC) is seeking its next Pastor.
The Pastor will lead the church in living out its mission as guided by its values and embodied in its vision.
The Pastor will be responsible for caring for the congregation, which is inclusive and affirming of every sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, education level, age, race, ability, background, and family structure.
The pastor will facilitate deeper participation and belonging within the community, reaching out to the community, and equip the congregation to invite people into fellowship.
Candidates for this position must be ordained (or eligible for ordination) in the Presbyterian Church (USA) or United Methodist Church.
Candidates from other traditions who are eligible to transfer their membership to either the PC(USA) or UMC will also be considered.
This pastoral position will require:
● Flexibility to embrace eccumenical diversity
● Ability to foster a comfortable space for doubts and questioning
● Ability to create sacred space for others in group and community settings
● Leading by example in a culture of authenticity and transparency
● Strong pastoral presence and sensibility; ability to care for those in distress or great need
● Leading a staff or team in processes of discernment and planning
● Conflict management experience
● Excellent organization and ability to multitask
● Act 33/34 clearances Areas of Responsibility
● Planning, preaching, leading Sunday worship
● Sermon prep
● Coordinating volunteers and worship team
● Member engagement, care, counseling, and spiritual direction
● Emergency care: hospital visits, leading memorial services, caring for those in distress Spiritual Formation
● Leading/arranging programs for spiritual growth and education
● Defining vision for children’s education and family engagement Outreach and Social Justice
● Participating in community events (example: Pride parade)
● Meeting and connecting with new people
● Leading the congregation in acts of social justice
● Oversight of volunteer-led lunch coordination, homeless ministry, and homeless care closet
● Curating a welcoming space
● Coordinating volunteers for Sunday morning breakfast/coffee
Financial Growth and Sustainability
● Encouraging financial self-sustainability
● Seeking out grants and donations for the church/ministries
● Increasing the scope and variety of fundraisers
● Staff meeting
● Monthly finance, council, and compassion team meetings
● Quarterly worship team meeting
● Occasional community meeting
● Quarterly Presbytery meetings
● South Branch Presbytery meetings
● Managing staff
● Answering emails, phone calls
● Planning and administrative tasks Self-Care and Development
● Pursuing opportunities for personal growth and spiritual development
Please submit resume and cover letter to or submit your Personal Information Form via the PCUSA Church Leadership website (www.pcusa.org/clc - MIF #12126.AB). Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in joining our church team. Please find the full job description and identity document PDFs below.