Help our friends at the Brashear Association to provide quality Christmas gifts for local children!
Pick-up gift tags: Sunday, December 4
Drop-off unwrapped toys: Saturday, December 10 or Sunday, December 11
Each gift tag has the gender and age of the child that you will shop for. Not sure what to buy? Consider spending $15-$25 on your child. In general: Books, Puzzles and Games are a great gift for any age/gender! Most toys will have an age range listed on them, and that’s a good guide to use.
Here are some other ideas:
Websites to check out for toy ideas:
Infants-3 years old
- Plush Toys like Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy
- Building Blocks/ABC Blocks like Melissa & Doug’s Deluxe 50-piece Wooden ABC/123 Blocks Set
- Baby Teething Toys like Sophie the Giraffe - Natural Rubber Baby Teething Squeaky Toy
- Wooden Toys/Games (see www.melissaanddoug.com)
4-8 years old
- Play-Doh sets/kits
- Put Together an Art Kit: Markers/Crayons/Water Colors with paper/coloring book
- Lego Sets
- Plush Toys: CoCaLo CoCaLo Plush Monkey-Jacana, Monster High Friends-Lagoon, CoCaLo CoCaLo Baby Plush Turtle, Nojo Jungle Tales Lenny the Lion, 14" Ballerina (Brun) Plush Doll
- Furreal Friends Walkin Puppies
- Educational Games like What’s Gnu?
- Little Tikes Toys
9-12 years old
- Board games like Sorry, Monopoly, Candy Land
- Scrapbooking kits
- Accessories like scarves, hats, gloves, jewelry (you can often find these items locally/Handmade Arcade). If you get jewelry, be sure to put it in an unwrapped gift box so that it doesn’t get lost/broken
- Sports Balls: basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, etc.